Back for my opinions on the 4th semi final of Melodifestivalen 2014!
1) Alcazar – Blame it on the Disco — Even before the song starts, it seems this is a crowd favorite. Well, this is certainly upbeat and well-budgeted. I like the tempo and style of this but from what I’ve seen, it’s not very original. It seems very very likely to go through to the final, though. Catchy lyrics, chroreographed moves, great stage effects? It’s like the perfect Eurovision song. Although, it doesn’t seem like they’re actually singing, but just relying on the backing track/vocals a lot.
2) I.D.A. – Fight Me If You Dare – Hmm. Her voice kind of irks me for some reason. It’s not that she’s a bad singer…but she doesn’t seem very…good? The hard rock theme doesn’t really fit the song for me. I’m gonna pass. Cool pyrotechnics, though.
3) Janet Leon – Hollow — The dancers are cool. It’s an interesting juxtaposition to Janet Leon…who seems to be just standing there. I don’t know how about her voice, though. She’s a good singer but I don’t know if the way she’s screaming toward the end is supposed to emphasize the song or not. It sounds really off-key to me.
4) Ammotrack – Raise Your Hands — Hmmm I’m not digging this at all for some reason.
5) Josef Johansson – Hela Natten — Oh, this guy’s cute. I’m immediately paying attention. The 3-way view of him is kind of weird. Like…you know the audience isn’t seeing this, right? The song is catchy, though. WTF Choir out of nowhere?! The song sounds pretty – I wish I could understand it.
6) Linda Bengtzing – Ta Mig — Let me just start by saying that I am a fan of Linda Bengtzing’s. I saw her try in Melodifestivalen a few years ago with her song ‘Hur Svårt Kan Det Va’ and I loved it! And I’m digging this song. I think she’s a very talented performer and seems to be quite experienced. ANOTHER RANDOM APPEARANCE OF BACKUP SINGERS WTF. Is this a theme this year? I would totally send this through to the final. If not just for those golden pants!
7) Ellinore Holmer – En Himmelsk Sång — She sounded nervous at first, to me. Maybe not, but she’s an okay singer. I don’t see her advancing, though.
8 – Anton Ewald – Natural — Oh man, everything about this boy screams ‘boy band’. He dances well, he sings well, he’s cute. I’m gonna say that he’s advancing to the final. The song is just ‘alright’ for me. But I can see this making it through.
Alright so, the fourth semi final was not as entertaining for me as the past have been. I think that if I were to choose people to advance, it would probably be: Alcazar, Linda Bengtzing, and Anton Ewald. I can maybe see Joseff Johansson advancing too.
WHAT?! Ammotrack?! Hahahaha. And Elinore Holmer too?! It will definitely be interesting to see how they all do against the others who have made it to the Final!
That’s it from me for now! I’ll most likely do a recap of my favorite acts who will be in Copenhagen this year sometime soon! Did you agree with the results of the 4th semi final? Let me know what you think!